March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Final Fantasy XI / Final Fantasy XI

pixel
Ok, ive finally decided to conquer my dislike for MMORPGs and try out final fantasy XI, but before i do, i wanted some input from you guys

whats good about this game
whats bad about this game
should i buy it or not
pixel
1.community, battle is fun... the game lasts (even when ur a high lvl theres tons of shit to do unlike some games.. cough WOW Cough.)
2. weak pvp system..( the game was made for partying.. it is a FF)
3. hell yes! if you have the money it is worth it... lol im actully going to play right now..

if you get the game go to kujata server .. i will help you
pixel
i wish i could afford FFXI
staff
pixel
I play on Fenrir.

I will warn you, it takes effort to get anywhere and it will take you months to get a job to max level.
staff
pixel
FFXI sucks. Play World of Warcraft instead.

Don't listen to Rachel! She's a redhead!
staff
pixel
I enjoyed my time in FFXI. My shortage of money stopped me playing, and if I can get this job I'm hoping for I'll get back on.
vip
pixel
Rahul said:
FFXI sucks. Play World of Warcraft instead.

Don't listen to Rachel! She's a redhead!

Rahul has hair, he's lying! Level 60 seems like its all glamor and skin tight pants, but you'll realize its all a ruse when you find yourself on the street corner looking for a good time in a rough neighborhood.

I think you should go outside and eat people.
staff
pixel
a couple pics of my character Lv 61 Dark Knight on Fenrir.:

staff
pixel
Rachel said:

Sweet! I can see up her skirt! Nice angle, Rach.
pixel
thanks for the input guys, as soon as i get done painting the game room and get my graphix card, and my dad buys me my 19 inch flatscreen monitor(mwuahha i didnt even have to do anything to get it) ill start playin

hmm...(goes for a monk)
vip
pixel
I got a hard drive for my PS2 as a gift and man have I not touched FFXI in ages...Now that I have High-speed internet i should probably figre out how to hook my PS2 up to a router or something....then maybe i'll open up another account...
staff
pixel
Rachel said:
I will warn you, it takes effort to get anywhere

Well that's an understatement especially if one wants to play solo. What the heck can I do in one month?
staff
pixel
Within one month I managed to get Dark Knight to 40. It's impossible to play solo after level 12.
pixel
well! within one year i managed to get drg to 38! beat that!
pixel
In the span of 10 months, I got to level 25 and quit. Hooray.
staff
pixel
Well I'm back online now, yay for level 7. If I can get off my arse and play it more often I might just get somewhere. Go the white mage.
pixel
You mean, if you could get ON your ass...
staff
pixel
Well, if you guys ever want to play on Fenrir, I can get Worldpasses
staff
pixel
I'll think about it, I got invited to Cerberus because a friend is there, so probably not. But thanks for the offer nonetheless. And yeah I got ON my arse today and levelled up, hooray.
staff
pixel
Procrastination has reached critical levels!
pixel
It does take a while to get anywhere in the game, and it really does depend on what job you're playing as. White mage is hard to solo from 1-10 (unless you buy a pole, then beatin' on rabbits/worms/mandies gets FUN), but at level 10 you get party invites all over the place, because there is a significant shortage of low-level whms. Red mages and warriors are next in line for party invites: rdms because of lack of white mages, and warriors because, hey, everyone needs a tank! Black mages are probably next; nothin' quite like having a party member blow stuff up. Mnk and thf aren't all that necessary until about 15, but you'll still get invites.

Basically, if you like FF, and everything about FF, then buy the game. I've been playin' it since the PS2 release, and though I'm a slow mofo and I'm only at 68 rdm, the game is very, very rewarding as you play.

Just remember: tonberries. They. Hurt.
staff
pixel
To play FFXI I abandoned the pretense of a game having a "point."
staff
pixel
The "point" is to level up I guess, but meh it can get addictive. Curse random bad guys for making my levelling up process hell.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #201 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?